Anwar Hafeez is a nationally known and respected engineer and construction project manager, who has personally supervised over $1,400,000,000 of major construction projects over the past 45 years. His most notable projects include the San Diego Convention Center, Los Angeles Central Library, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Expansion for the 1984 Olympics, Washington DC Subway System (WMATA), Radisson Flagship Hotel for the West Coast in Manhattan Beach, CA, Armed Forces Medical University in Bethesda, MD, and Walter Reed Army Hospital Barracks.
For most of his career he has served as the “man in charge” of overall project budgets, CPM schedules, subcontractor supervision, claims, and change order resolution. In over the past thirty years, Mr. Hafeez has pursued, evaluated, and successfully settled over $350,000,000 in construction claims and change orders, offering a unique depth of experience in construction claims and dispute resolution with 99.9% successful settlement rate.
In 1994, after successfully completing the construction of the Los Angeles Central Library–including restoration of a 1920s landmark structure adjoining a new eight-story expansion wing, Mr. Hafeez founded SDC & Associates, Inc. as a San Diego-based construction consulting firm specializing in construction claims analysis, time extension analysis, CPM scheduling, construction management, training, dispute resolution, expert witness, and litigation support.
Mr. Hafeez is now a much sought-after litigation expert and alternative dispute resolution specialist; he has served as a panelist on a Dispute Review Board and, most recently, as a Certified Arbitrator and Mediator for cases of the California Contractors State License Board, as well as private disputes.
Mr. Hafeez has served as a partnering facilitator on two Caltrans projects, Colorado DOT project US Border Patrol project, “this was the best partnering meeting we have been to,” Caltrans representative said.
Mr. Hafeez is active in numerous trade associations:
- Associated General Contractors
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- American Subcontractors Association
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- Construction Managers Financial Association
He is a member of:
- The American Bar Association (ABA) Construction Industry Forum
- The American Arbitration Association
- Conflicts Resolution Center International
- California Disputes Resolution Council
- Southern California Mediation Association, and
- Forensics Consultants Association of San Diego
- Forensics Experts Consultant Association